The amount of tuition you pay your first semester at JCFS remains unchanged during your entire time in the program. Other costs including residence, breakfast, activity and medical fees are reviewed every semester and subject to change. The estimated costs for one year are included below so you can do a general budget for your first year at JCFS.
The JCFS academic year consists of two assessment periods, one in the spring and one in the fall. Each assessment period is in the form of a fifteen-week semester. Students may stay during the summer or winter five-week study breaks if they wish to participate in internships, academic programs, or for personal reasons. Apart from tuition, students must cater for other expenses including the dormitory, meals, health insurance, and dormitory security deposit without exception during their stay at JCFS.
|Fall 2020 Semester||Spring 2021 Semester||Annual Cost|
|Enrollment Fee (One time)||$650||$650|
|Room & 1 Meal||$1,135||$1,135||$2,270|
|Total Cost 1st Year||$6,982||$6,172||$13,154|
Things to note:
- The enrollment fee is a one-time fee paid by all first semester students (freshmen and transfers).
- The above fees are meant to act as a guideline and are subject to change, especially adjustments to Residence and Health Care.
- The costs provided do not include other meals, books, or pocket money. Meals eaten off-campus may cost more. Books and miscellaneous costs are typically in the range of $1000 per year; pocket money expenses depend on the lifestyle of the student.
- All first-year students (freshmen and transfers) must get an Alien Registration Card upon arrival in Korea. Korean Immigration charges $31 for the Alien Registration Card. It is similar to the Korean ID card and must be carried with you at all times.
- All first semester students must have a medical checkup before the start of classes. Korean Medical Services charge $30 for the checkup. All full-time students must purchase Korean medical insurance. Current cost is $109 annually.
- Residence halls do not provide bedding, sheets, or pillows.
- Any Summer and Winter semesters that are taken are not included in the tuition shown above.